Leminar Air Conditioning Company, AEG Power Solutions ink deal
DUBAI, UAE, 19 April 2022: Leminar Air Conditioning Company signed a distribution agreement with AEG Power Solutions, a global provider of power supply systems and solutions for critical applications. Making the announcement through a Press release, Leminar said the agreement marks its foray into the power generation industry while enhancing its data centre services through the addition of another esteemed partner to its diverse portfolio.
According to Leminar, AEG Power Solutions ensures the continuous power availability and the safe operation of critical applications through a wide portfolio of power supply systems and services. AEG designs and delivers solutions for secure power supply through offerings such as AC and DC UPS, battery chargers, rectifier systems and customised UPS systems as well as solutions for the energy transition, like battery energy storage and hydrogen production processes, Leminar said.
Commenting on the partnership, Frédéric Salon, Vice President Sales, AEG Power Solutions said: “AEG Power Solutions’ partnership with Leminar Air Conditioning Company will enable it to ensure the continuous availability of power and the safe operation of critical applications in the global market. The alliance will fortify our presence in the Middle East, enabling us to further expand our market reach through Leminar’s extensive network and distribution channels.”
Kartik Raval, General Manager, Leminar Air Conditioning Company, said: “Leminar’s partnership with AEG Power Solutions will allow it to offer innovative solutions spanning the oil & gas operation, power generation, transportation, data and IT sectors. The agreement will enhance Leminar’s ability to meet the growing requirements of the HVAC industry, specifically regarding the provision of data centre solutions, while expanding AEG Power Solutions’ market reach for their commercial UPS systems through Leminar’s extensive distribution channels.”
ASHRAE announces call for abstracts for Winter Conference
ATLANTA, Georgia, 26 March 2021: Abstracts are now being accepted for the 2022 ASHRAE Winter Conference, to be held from January 29 to February 2, 2022 at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, ASHRAE said through a Press release.
With an eye on future resources, the conference seeks to present papers and programs that cover sustainable use of energy and water, reduction of waste and improved Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ), while addressing other challenges and opportunities in facilities, applications and processes, ASHRAE said.
“It is estimated that the world population will grow from eight billion now to around nine billion in 2050; global GDP is expected to stabilize at +2%/year,” said Raul Simonetti, Chair, 2022 Conference. “This will increase the need for food, energy and other resources to support a growing population in the coming future. The 2022 Virtual Winter Conference will provide an opportunity to examine holistically – that is, at 360° – what we do and the way we do it in order to minimize the impact on our planet.”
According to ASHRAE, the following tracks are developed to support the conference theme, ‘Holism and Perspectives towards Decarbonization’…
- Buildings use a large share of a country’s final energy, particularly for heating, cooling and various services. Papers in the “Buildings at 360°” track will focus on explaining methods, equipment, systems and solutions to satisfy occupants’ needs, to guarantee buildings’ performances and resilience, and to save resources like energy and water.
- Energy is omnipresent in our daily lives in ways like electricity for appliances or heat and cooling for industrial processes. The integration of various energy sources, processes and transportation allows us to better exploit the available energy and reduce waste. The “Energy System Integration” track will explore renewables, fossil fuels, grid integration, aggregation, demand-side flexibility, smart devices, IoT, synthetic hydrogen and synthetic fuels, CCUS and electrification.
- Indoor environment is essential for our well-being and productivity, but is often regulated differently in various parts of the world due to local conditions, circumstances, history and traditions. Papers that explain local norms and trends with an eye on energy usage would fit in the “Environmental Health and IEQ in the International Arena” track.
- The “HVAC for Industrial and Commercial Purposes” track will focus on papers that examine the challenges and opportunities in improving energy efficiency of commercial and industrial facilities and transferring lessons learned to other types of facilities.
- Refrigerants play an important role in maximizing performances and minimizing direct and indirect GHG emissions. The “Refrigerants, Safety and Performance” track will focus on papers that present advancements and developments about flammability of refrigerants that can reduce the direct emissions, but that may have safety, regulatory and performance issues when deployed on the field.
- The “Refrigerants and Refrigeration” track will explore refrigeration systems, which generate and use cold for a range of processes, from food preparation and conservation to vaccine preservation, and from long-term protection of fragile ancient inks of historical documents to others.
- The “HVAC&R Systems and Equipment” track will focus on the development of new systems and equipment, improvements to existing systems and equipment and the proper application and operation of systems and equipment.
- The “Fundamentals and Applications” track will provide opportunities for papers of varying levels across a large topic base. Concepts, design elements and shared experiences for theoretical and applied concepts of HVAC&R design are included.
According to ASHRAE, Abstracts (400 words or less) are due April 5, 2021. If accepted, final conference papers (eight pages, maximum) are due July 12, 2021.
In addition, technical papers (complete 30-page maximum papers) are also due March 29, 2021, ASHRAE said, adding that accepted conference papers and technical papers are published in ASHRAE Transactions, cited in abstracting indexes and considered for Science and Technology for the Built Environment, ASHRAE’s research journal.
For more information on the call for papers and the 2022 ASHRAE Winter Conference, ASHRAE urged those interested to visit https://ashrae.org/2022Winter.
In conjunction with the ASHRAE Winter Conference is the 2022 AHR Expo, to be held from January 31 to February 2, 2022, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information on the 2022 AHR Expo, ASHRAE urged those interested to visit https://www.ahrexpo.com/.