Belimo launches IAQ gas monitoring devices
DANBURY, Connecticut, 24 January 2022: Belimo launched vehicle emission and IAQ gas monitoring devices to the US market. Making the announcement through a Press release, the company said Belimo Holdings AG acquired Opera Electronics in 2021 and has worked diligently towards a harmonious and seamless integration. The gas monitors, the company said, provide accurate and reliable measurements, and detect and control toxic gases in commercial buildings.
According to Belimo…
- An intelligent and standalone peer-to-peer communication protocol provides users unparalleled flexibility to configure and install a complete ventilation control system with only one monitor or dozens operating in multiple ventilation zones.
- The monitors are factory-calibrated and can measure one or two gases and control ventilation directly.
- They communicate (up to 32) via chain network – enhanced communication, enabling expanded system integration and BMS control with BACnet MSTP.
- The modular, weather-resistant enclosure of the monitors features a lockable LCD and adjustable audio, light and strobe alarm.
- “Plug and Play” interchangeable sensing elements allow for easy calibration and gas monitoring devices to simultaneously measure up to two different gases.
- Combined CANbus and BACnet MS/TP networking allow standalone operation or seamless integration into the BMS.
- Onboard analog outputs and relays allow on-demand ventilation without the need for an additional controller.
Belimo said its gas monitors are an ideal solution for fresh air control in conference rooms, meeting rooms, restaurants, public spaces, indoor parking garages, municipal maintenance facilities, bus terminals, automobile dealerships, hospital parking for ambulances and visitors.
Belimo launches EV4
DUBAI, UAE, 20 October 2021: Belimo launched the EV4, an integrated thermal energy management solution, with the objectives of measuring energy, controlling the power and managing Delta T.
The new solution makes meter integration easier, the company said. It provides the facility for parallel operation, where it is possible to connect BACnet and M-Bus networks, the company said, adding that it equally provides the facility for direct integration, wherein no intermediary software is required. It can measure and control power and manage Delta T, ensure high quality metering and enabled billing, it said, adding that the EV4 also ensures digitally supported workflows for the entire product lifecycle.
The EV4 has a clever design, Belimo said. It provides ease of re-calibration and also helps establish data transparency, it added.
According to Belimo, the EV4 provides a whole range of features for building owners, including traceable verification and logging of billing-relevant data; easy and open data access, which provides flexibility when choosing the service provider for cost accounting; low commissioning and operating costs, which translate to optimum investment protection; and future-proof and full transparency, thanks to direct Internet connection.
It also provides energy-efficient system operation and stable Delta T, the company claimed, adding that this leads to minimisation of temperature surcharges from the district cooling providers.
According to Belimo, the EV4 provides a wide range of features for consulting engineers, as well, including the facility of reduced effort and time saving, owing to optimally coordinated all-in-one solutions; reduced planning effort and time savings through simple valve design; traceable verification and logging, which paves way for a true commissioning report; automatic hydronic balancing during operation at any load conditions; easy adaptations to power changes; and simple, fast and remote customisation, in case of any design changes.
Belimo damper actuators get UL 2043 certification
DANBURY, Connecticut, United States, 13 June 2021: Belimo said its damper actuators and most of the valve actuators and sensors meet UL 2043 requirements. The National Electrical Code Section 300.22 (c), in the United States, requires electrical devices in plenums to be tested to UL 2043 for low smoke generation. Underwriters Laboratories’ UL 2043 is the standard for fire test for heat and visible smoke release for discrete products installed in air-handling spaces, Belimo said, adding that its products, used for installation in air-handling spaces, meet UL 2043 standard for heat and smoke release. By complying with the UL 2043 requirements, Belimo said, its products have demonstrated the following characteristics:
- A peak rate of heat release of 100 kW or less
- A peak normalized optical density of 0.50 or less
- An average normalized optical density of 0.15 or less