ASHRAE welcomes 2022-23 President, officers and directors
ATLANTA, Georgia, 27 June 2022: ASHRAE introduced its 2022-23 Society President, executive committee officers and directors through a Press release.
Farooq Mehboob, Fellow Life Member ASHRAE, will serve as the 2022-23 Society President, ASHRAE said. During his inaugural presidential address, Mehboob introduced the theme for the 2022-23 Society Year, “Securing Our Future”. According to ASHRAE, the theme examines how the crucial personal and professional events of the past can help us leverage relationships, knowledge and change, as the formula for making an impact and embracing our diverse world.
“What a heritage we possess!” Mehboob said. “ASHRAE should be proud. We all should be proud. It’s imperative that we continue to hunger for, and seek, information about our market, our changing world, and our technological advances. Breaking down silos and embracing change will infuse a new dynamism in our society at all levels, bringing to our members new knowledge, technology and tools in a timely fashion – helping them to successfully navigate the rapidly changing world.”
According to ASHRAE, Mehboob is a principal consultant for S. Mehboob & Company Consulting Engineers, in Karachi, Pakistan.
ASHRAE said elected officers, who will serve one-year terms, are as follows:
- President-Elect: Ginger Scoggins, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, Principal, Engineered Designs Inc., Cary, North Carolina
- Treasurer: Dennis Knight, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, Principal, Whole Building Systems, LLC., Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Vice President: Billy Austin, P.E., BCxP, BEAP, BEMP, HBDP, HFDP, OPMP, Member ASHRAE, Principal, Shultz Engineering Group, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Vice President: Dunstan Macauley III, Member ASHRAE, Director of Mechanical Engineering, Setty & Associates, Rockdale, Maryland
- Vice President: Sarah Maston P.E., BCxP, Member ASHRAE, Director, Commissioning & Energy Services, Colliers Project Leaders, Hudson, Massachusetts
- Vice President: Ashish Rakheja, Member ASHRAE, Director/Chief Operating Officer, Aeon, Noida, India
According to ASHRAE, its newest Directors and Regional Chairs, who will serve three-year terms from 2022-2025, are:
- Region IV Director and Regional Chair: Bryan Holcomb, Member ASHRAE, Vice President Sales & Preconstruction, Environmental Air Systems, Oak Ridge, North Carolina
- Region V Director and Regional Chair: James Arnold, P.E., Member ASHRAE, engineer, Gutridge, Dublin, Ohio
- Region VI Director and Regional Chair: Susanna Hanson, Member ASHRAE, Application Engineer, Trane, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Region XII Director and Regional Chair: John Constantinide, P.E., Member ASHRAE, Energy Manager, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Merritt Island, Florida
- Region XIII Director and Regional Chair: Cheng Wee Leong, P.E., Member ASHRAE, Director, Method Engineering Pte. Ltd., Singapore
ASHRAE also introduced its newest Directors-at-Large (DALs) as follows:
- Blake Ellis, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, Principal, Burns & McDonnell, Overland Park, Kansas
- Luke Leung, P.E., Member ASHRAE, Sustainable Engineering Practice Leader, Skidmore Owings & Merrill, Clarendon Hills, Illinois
- Wei Sun, P.E., Member ASHRAE, President, Engsysco, Ann Arbor, Michigan