Region: The Americas
Armstrong launches medium-range line of permanent magnet pumps
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, 31 January 2022: Armstrong Fluid Technology introduced a new size range of design envelope permanent magnet pumps that are engineered to deliver 20% lower operating costs than variable-speed pumps with standard induction motors.
Making the announcement through a Press release, Armstrong said the new pumps are available with motors ranging from 15 hp to 50 hp, and operate at NEMA ultra-premium efficiency levels that exceed the efficiency targets of the US Department of Energy and the European Union.
“Better performance at higher RPMs means that in some cases, a smaller design envelope permanent magnet pump can deliver the same flow and pressure as a larger, more expensive competing model,” said David Lee, Offering Manager, Armstrong Fluid Technology. “These new pumps also feature smaller dimensions and are less expensive to purchase and install, because permanent magnet motors offer a substantial reduction in both size and weight.”
According to Armstrong, beyond the motor efficiency, a number of additional design innovations make the new design envelope pumps more energy-efficient and cost effective…
- Armstrong’s patented Parallel Sensorless Control stages multiple pumps and regulates output for best efficiency across the entire pump array, saving 10-30% in operating costs
- Adjustable design points and setpoint, based on the actual on-site conditions
- A quadratic pressure control curve that provides more efficiency than a linear pressure control curve
- A constant-flow function for maintaining a desired flow rate in recirculation applications
- Advanced connectivity via Armstrong’s Pump Manager, a cloud-based performance tracking service, provides industry-leading analytics and insights along with alerts, alarms and data storage