Region: The Americas
Belimo donates to ASHRAE global headquarters renovation project
DANBURY, Connecticut, 18 August 2020: Belimo is one of the 18 major donors to the ASHRAE Global Headquarters Renovation Project, the company said through a Press release. Belimo said it donated some of its most technologically advanced HVAC field devices, including more than 100 valves. The products were chosen for their high performance and BACnet communication, for their data-sharing capabilities and seamless controller integration, the company said.
Listing out its technologies, Belimo described them as such…
- Belimo Energy Valves: The IoT pressure-independent valve utilizes advanced cloud-based analytics to leverage system data to provide energy savings and the most efficient system operation.
- Belimo Clear Edge: An analytic data device, it automatically discovers, captures and analyzes system data from multiple Energy Valves in the building through BACnet.
- Pressure Independent Valves: These maximize available energy savings of variable flow pumping systems and address unique control challenges.
- 6-way Pressure Independent Valves: These have the functionality of up to four two-way control valves and two balancing valves, saving material and installation time.
- Belimo’s 100th million actuator assembled on the advanced Butterfly Valve: This consumes up to 80% less power than conventional designs and is equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) and BACnet communications capabilities
- Globe Valves: This comes with a soft seat design to provide ANSI Class VI leakage rating; and improved rangeability of 100:1 offers greater flow control.
Belimo said its innovative solutions provide comfort, energy efficiency, safety, ease of installation, and less maintenance for buildings and long-term reliability.
“Belimo is excited to be supporting ASHRAE’s Global Headquarters Renovation Project and is pleased to see a wide variety of our products helping the project meet its goal of net-zero energy,” said James Furlong, President, Belimo Americas.
The renovation project is expected to be completed by late summer, with a move in October 2020.