Region: The Americas
ASHRAE online technical program now available
ATLANTA, Georgia, 2 June 2020: The technical program is now available for the 2020 ASHRAE Virtual Conference, with sessions starting June 22 and continuing through July 2, ASHRAE said through a Press release.
The technical program includes eight tracks, with 300 speakers, and offers an in-depth learning experience, providing solutions, technology demonstrations and industry insights, ASHRAE said.
“ASHRAE is excited to re-imagine our annual conference and has proactively created a dynamic, interactive and virtual conference experience, with an affordable registration fee that makes it accessible to more industry professionals,” said Darryl K Boyce, 2019-2020 ASHRAE President, said.
The virtual conference will include 97 technical sessions, updates from Society leaders and virtual networking events, ASHRAE said. Live sessions addressing the latest information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic will take place daily starting June 29, ASHRAE added.
“Our robust technical program explores how building and energy systems interact, while examining how buildings are becoming integrated, flexible and resilient systems to respond to climate change challenges,” said Bing Liu, Conference Chair.
According to ASHRAE, the conference tracks are:
- Fundamentals and Applications
- HVAC&R Systems and Equipment
- Research Summit
- Professional Development
- Grid-Interactive Efficient Built Environment
- Multifamily and Residential Buildings
- Zero Energy Buildings and Communities
- Resilient Buildings and Communities
According to ASHRAE, featured live sessions include:
- COVID-19: Opportunities for Sustainable Development
- Impact of COVID-19 on Buildings
- SARS, MERS, Ebola, COVID-19: How to Prepare for the Next Epidemic
- The Benefits of Off-Site Construction
- Technical Consultants aren’t ‘Designers of Record’, so No E&O Insurance is Needed
- It’s Not a Hot Potato! Engineering Cannot Delegate Design as They See Fit
- Crafting an O&M Plan for a Net Zero/Passive House: An Interactive Workshop
- Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings: Introduction and Demonstration Projects
- Off-Site Construction for Resilient Buildings: Getting Details Right
- ASHRAE’s Latest Guides for Zero Energy Design
According to ASHRAE, the cost to attend the virtual conference is USD 99 for ASHRAE members and USD 329 for non-members, which includes an annual ASHRAE membership. It offers:
- Twelve live technical sessions with live Q&A with presenters
- An on-demand technical program of more than 90 sessions
- Scheduled live video chat sessions with speakers from on-demand sessions
- Downloadable copies of all conference papers
- ASHRAE Leadership Moments each day from Society leaders
- Virtual networking happy hours
According to ASHRAE, the technical program will be accepted for many jurisdictions’ continuing education requirements, and most sessions are approved for LEED AP credits and AIA learning units.
Professional development hours, ASHRAE said, can be earned for all on-demand sessions and 12 live sessions, upon successfully completing a short quiz. Registration, ASHRAE said, includes access to all the technical content on-demand for 18 months, adding that company packages are also available.