Region: Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East
EMA to conduct Pandemic Building Webinar
WASHINGTON DC, 26 April 2020: The Energy Management Association (EMA), affiliate Associated Air Balance Council (AABC), and other partners will conduct a webinar disbursing practical advice and actionable content aimed at assisting building owners and facility managers through the pandemic shutdown, EMA said through a Press release.
Titled, ‘Managing Facilities Through the Pandemic: Energy Saving Tips for Facility Operations’, the webinar is scheduled for 1pm (Eastern Standard Time), on May 5, EMA said.
According to the release, the webinar will cover practical ideas for saving energy in unoccupied or near-empty buildings. The energy-saving ideas and strategies are focused on facility operations during the pandemic – but many of the suggestions that will be covered in the webinar will be valuable during the transition of building operations back to normal operations with occupied facilities, the release said. Joining the webinar will be representatives of EMA affiliate, AABC, AABC Commissioning Group (ACG) member ETC (and clientele), with support from EMA Associate Member BuildingFit.
According to the release, panelists include:
- Mike Kelly, TBE, CxA, President, American Testing, Executive Vice President AABC
- Bryan Conrad, EBCP, Energy Education Coordinator, Prince William County Public Schools
- Glen Anderson, PE, Sr Engineering Vice President, ETC Group
- Jim Crockett, PE, Senior Project Engineer, ETC Group
- Christopher Cox, PE, Engineering Manager, Utility Services, Nexant
According to the release, the event has been approved for 1 AIA Learning Unit, which is accepted by most related credentialing bodies for continuing education requirements.
The learning objectives for the webinar include:
- Learn to find, recognise and resolve non-obvious (and obvious) energy waste during a shutdown
- Understand how adjustments and changes made during this time may not solve root problems, which may impact persistence
- Learn basic HVAC savings measures all facility personnel should be implementing in their facilities permanently
- Understand how best to utilise your staff during a shutdown to capture long-term energy gains