Region: The Americas
ClimateMaster introduces new line of Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma, 19 February 2020: ClimateMaster, which manufactures geothermal- and water-source heating and cooling, debuted the addition of a complete line of dedicated outdoor air systems (DOAS) in capacities ranging from six to 40 tons at the 2020 edition of AHR Expo, from February 3 to 5 in Orlando, Florida. The systems are responsible for bringing outdoor air into buildings, which is not only mandated by ASHRAE Standard 62 but also creates improved air quality for building occupants. DOAS units are the preferred solution, owing to their ability to dehumidify outdoor air and supply dry/neutral air to buildings, ClimateMaster said.
ClimateMaster said its new DOAS line offers a flexible design platform that supports numerous applications, including air-cooled heating, air-cooled heat pumping, water-source heat pumping and geothermal heat pumping. The specialized systems, ClimateMaster said, deliver superior efficiency, proven reliability, lower utility costs, and reduced service and maintenance costs.
According to ClimateMaster, key features include:
- High-efficiency scroll compressors, optimized heat transfer, and variable speed condenser fans with EC motors and modulating control that exceed ASHRAE 90.1 standards
- Energy-saving, two-inch, double-wall cabinet containing R-13 insulation with a thermal break to minimize heat transfer and provide an effective moisture barrier throughout
- Fully integrated DDC controls provide an open protocol for BACnet, LonWorks, Modbus, and N2
- Innovative and simple design with friction hinges and quarter-turn handles for entry into generously sized control and access compartments
- Slide-out double-sloped stainless steel drain pan provides easy access to the energy-recovery wheel
“Expanding into the growing DOAS market not only provides ClimateMaster with an opportunity to capitalize on our 60-year legacy of water-source heat pumps but [also] allows us to create a greater synergy between building engineers and architects, who need the most energy-efficient technologies to meet tightening regulations on energy use,” said Todd Graff, ClimateMaster’s Chief Executive Officer. “Delivering 100% outside air solutions that are both flexible and affordable elevates our position with key industry partners.”