Region: The Americas
USTR delays Section 301 tariffs on certain products until December 15
ARLINGTON, Virginia, 14 August 2019: The office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) on August 13 announced its plans for splitting the draft fourth list (USD 300 bn) into two groups, AHRI said through a Press release. A 10% tariff will be effective on a list “4A” tariff on September 1, 2019, while a list “4B” tariff will be delayed until December 15, 2019, the release said.
The USTR will publish the final list 4A as a notice in the Federal Register in the coming days, and AHRI said it will notify its members through a separate alert.
AHRI previously identified the following member products on the draft list four; the below products are still included in list 4A:
- 8403.10.00 – Central heating boilers (other than those of heading 8402)
- 8403.90.00 – Parts of central heating boilers (other than those of heading 8402)
- 8415.90.40 – Chassis, chassis bases, and other outer cabinets for air conditioning machines
- 8415.90.80 – Parts for air conditioning machines, not elsewhere specified or indicated
- 8416.10.00 – Furnace burners for liquid fuel
- 8416.20.00 – Furnace burners for pulverized solid fuel or gas, including combination burners
- 8516.10.00 – Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters
According to the release, the USTR intends to create an exclusion process for products on list 4A. Members, the release, quoting AHRI, said, are encouraged to review lists 4A and 4B to ensure a complete analysis.