Region: The Americas
ASHRAE opens registration for its 2020 Winter Conference
ATLANTA, Georgia, 7 August 2019: ASHRAE has opened registration for its 2020 ASHRAE Winter Conference, to be held from February 1 to 5 at the Hilton Orlando, in Florida, the Society said through a Press release. Registration for the conference provides entry to the co-sponsored AHR Expo, to be held from February 3 to 5 at the Orange County Convention Center, the release added.
The winter meeting will feature eight conference tracks, tours, social events and a keynote speech from retired NFL referee, Ed Hochuli, the release said. The conference will present the latest topics in the HVAC&R industry through a technical program featuring more than 100 sessions and 300 speakers, the release added.
“The 2020 ASHRAE Winter Conference will feature a strong technical program, including presentations and discussions on best design practices and standards, incorporation of innovative technologies, and cutting-edge approaches applicable to a wide range of buildings-related engineers, architects, and professionals,” said Melanie Derby, Conference Chair.
According to the release, the program tracks include:
- HVAC&R Fundamentals and Applications
- Systems and Equipment
- Refrigeration and Refrigerants
- Cutting Edge Approaches
- High Efficiency Design and Operation
- Big Data and Smart Controls
- Ventilation, IAQ and Air Distribution Systems
- Standards, Guidelines and Codes
The ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) will offer four full-day seminars and 17 half-day short courses during the conference, the release said.
According to the release, new ALI courses include:
- Guideline 36: Best in Class HVAC Control Sequences
- Complying with Standard 90.1-2019
- Installing DDC Control Systems
- IgCC and ASHRAE Standard 189.1 Technical Provisions
- Principles of Building Commissioning: ASHRAE Guideline 0 and Standard 202
- ASHRAE Cold Climate Design
- V in HVAC – What, Why, Where, How, and How Much
The meeting will also present an opportunity for professionals to sit for an ASHRAE Certification exam, the release said, adding that the last date for applying to take the test is January 10, 2020. The exam will be administered on February 5 in these key fields: Building Operations, Commissioning, Energy Assessment, Energy Modeling, Healthcare Facility Design, High-Performance Building Design, and HVAC Design, a new program, the release said.