Region: The Americas
ASHRAE Introduces 2019-2020 President, Officers and Directors
ATLANTA, Georgia, 25 June 2019: ASHRAE on June 24 installed its 2019-2020 President, executive committee officers and directors during its 2019 ASHRAE Annual Conference, from June 22 to 26, in Kansas City, Missouri.
ASHRAE’s 2019-20 president is Darryl K Boyce, P Eng., Fellow Life Member ASHRAE. During his inaugural presidential address, Boyce announced the new Society theme as, “Building for People & Performance. Achieving Operational Excellence”. The theme focuses on overcoming the challenges associated with the efficient operation and performance of buildings. He shared insights into leveraging the latest strategies and innovative technologies to ensure operational success for the people living and working within buildings.
“People must succeed within the buildings we create,” said Boyce. “ASHRAE is committed to preparing building professionals through learning opportunities, engagement and adopting better practices. These are the steps needed to achieve effective operational performance and operator experience.”
Boyce is Special Advisor to the Vice-President, Finance and Administration, Carleton University, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Elected officers, who will serve one-year terms, are as follows:
- President-Elect: Charles E. Gulledge III, PE, Member ASHRAE, HBDP, LEED AP, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Environmental Air Systems LLC, High Point, North Carolina
- Treasurer: Michael CA (Mick) Schwedler, PE, Fellow ASHRAE, LEED AP, Applications Engineering Manager, Trane, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Vice President: K William (Bill) Dean, P Eng, Life Member ASHRAE, Regional Site Operations Manager, National Research Council of Canada, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Vice President: Malcolm (Dennis) Knight, PE, Fellow ASHRAE, BEMP, Owner, Whole Building Systems, LLC, Mt Pleasant, South Carolina
- Vice President: William F (Bill) McQuade, PE, Fellow ASHRAE, LEED AP, Vice President, Sector Services, Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute, New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
- Vice President: Farooq Mehboob, PE, Fellow Life Member ASHRAE, Principal Consultant, S Mehboob & Company Consulting Engineers, Karachi, Pakistan
ASHRAE introduced its newest Directors and Regional Chairs, who will serve three-year terms from 2019-22:
- Region IV Director and Regional Chair: Steven (Steve) A Marek, PE, Member ASHRAE, Design Engineer, Steve Marek, PE, Hanahan, South Carolina
- Region V Director and Regional Chair: Douglas (Doug) F Zentz, Member ASHRAE, Associate Professor and Program Coordinator, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan
- Region VI Director and Regional Chair: Richard (Rick) D Hermans, PE, HFDP, Life Member, retired, Director of Training and Advanced Applications, McQuay International, Lino Lakes, Minnesota
- Region XII Director and Regional Chair: Robin E Bryant, Member ASHRAE, Project Manager, B&I Contractors, Inc, Fort Myers, Florida
- Region XIII Director and Regional Chair: Apichit Lumlertpongpana, PhD, PE, Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Managing Director, ITC Company, Ltd, Saphansoong, Bangkok, Thailand
ASHRAE also introduced its newest Directors-at-Large (DALs):
- Kelley P Cramm, PE, Member ASHRAE, Senior Technical Leader, Henderson Engineers, Lenexa, Kansas
- Jaap Hogeling, P Eng., MSc, ME, Fellow ASHRAE, Manager, ISSO, Lienden, Netherlands
- Ashish Rakheja, Member ASHRAE, Director/Chief Operating Officer, Aeon, Noida, India